Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Honda CRF450R
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Absolute holeshot. Electrifying performance.
More and more, motocross races are all about getting the holeshot. And Honda’s CRF450R is a machine designed to get you out front by the first turn, and then keep you there all the way to the checkered flag. Everywhere you look, you’ll see features optimized for modern MX competition, where fractions of a second add up to a big lead at the end. Last year we offered an optional electric start on the CRF450R; it was such a big hit that this year it’s standard equipment, and we’ve ditched the kickstarter entirely to save weight. A new lithium-ion battery helps keep things light. Race anything else, and your ride to the first turn just got a lot steeper.
- Downdraft Fuel Injection: Part of an entire engine overhaul last year, we gave the CRF450R a new downdraft intake tract and FI body to help increase both power and fuel-metering precision. It’s part of the reason the CRF450R offers such explosive power and massive torque, especially out of the starting gate and in the critical first 100 feet of the race to the first turn.
- Dunlop MX3S Tires: Developed using Dunlop’s latest “block-on-block” design technology, the CRF450R’s MX3S tires give excellent feedback and are a perfect complement to the CRF450R’s frame and suspension.
- Cylinder Head Layout: The CRF450R uses our latest finger-follower rocker design. The Unicam cylinder head remains the most efficient in the MX world, giving you the design and performance of a double-overhead-cam layout but the compactness of a single-overhead-cam design.
- 13.5:1 Compression Ratio: By revising the CRF450R’s squish area last year, we helped boost the bikes compression to an impressive 13.5:1. That means improved combustion efficiency for more power.
- “In Molded” Graphics: With the all the time you’ll be spending in victory circle, you need to look your best. The 2018 CRF450R has you covered. Our “in molded” graphics look great, and stay looking good longer.
- Skid Plate: A factory skid plate is light and offers the engine and lower-frame protection that a racer demands.
- Showa® Spring Fork: The 49mm Showa® fork features a conventional spring design that helps increase the CRF450R’s front-suspension precision, handling and feel. And this year we’ve revised the spring rate for better bottoming resistance and improved handling.
- Next-Generation Aluminum Frame: The CRF450R’s Next-Gen twin spar aluminum frame positions the rear shock’s mounting point lower, opening up the airbox area and contributing to a lower center of gravity for more holeshots. The frame geometry also helps improve traction, feeling and steering precision.
- Twin-Muffler Exhaust System: The CRF450R’s dual exhaust system is light, compact, and positioned close and low in the frame to take weight off the rear end and bring more mass to the bike’s center for improved handling. It also allows for more air flow, and that equals added horsepower.
- Electric-Start: This was such a popular option last year that we’ve made it standard for 2018, and ditched the kickstarter entirely to save weight. Electric starters and lithium-ion batteries are so light now and so good that putting them on a bike like this is a win/win combination. And winning is what a CRF450R is all about.
- 260mm Front Brake: The CRF450R’s large front-brake disc measures a whopping 260mm. You get great brake feel and a wave pattern that cuts down on weight. Front and rear brake-disc guards are part of the package too.
- Titanium Fuel Tank: Grams and performance count, and the 2018 CRF450R uses a titanium fuel tank. Light and strong, it’s also thinner than our previous plastic unit, while maintaining the same capacity, freeing up more space and helping to centralize fuel mass.
- Engine Mode Select Button: This simple handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive, depending on track conditions.
- Scavenge Pump: Deep in the engine, there’s a special oil scavenge pump. While you may never see it, it helps keep the CRF450R’s overall design compact.
- Flat Seat/Tank Junction: The 2018 CRF450R features a flat seat/tank junction, including a titanium fuel tank. The superior ergonomics make it easier to move forward and back on the bike, increasing your control.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam® four-valve; 38 mm intake, titanium; 31 mm exhaust, Steel
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46 mm downdraft throttle body
- Ignition: Fully transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain; 13T/49T
- Front Suspension: 49 mm inverted Showa fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability; 12.0 in. of travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 12.3 in. of travel
- Front Brake: Single 260 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc
- Front Tire: Dunlop MX3S 90/100-21
- Rear Tire: Dunlop MX3S 120/80-19
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Rake: 27 deg. 22 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 116 mm (4.6 in.)
- Seat Height: 37.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 12.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gal.
- Curb Weight: 248 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: CRF450R
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46 mm downdraft throttle body
- Fully transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 49 mm inverted Showa fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability; 12.0 in. of travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 260 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop MX3S 90/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 12.3 in. of travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop MX3S 120/80-19
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 248 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.7 gal.
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- 4.6 in. (116 mm)
- 27 deg. 22 min.
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain; 13T/49T